Note: My blog is for adults. If you are too young to join the army please go here.
I say that because I might get a little salty with my language or content. Or upload a really cool rap song or something. Yikes, hip hop! You know, myspace it out. More so be warned about what I link to. Lots of potty mouths and the occasional fly on the nipple pic.
Anyway, in that regard, here are the top ten blogs I read as of today.
10. rachelleb - photographer, Chicago, has an excellent street writing page
9. BoingBoing covers just about everything, un-classifiable.
8. Ricotta Park - local!- I never met Mr. Longlunch but he seems like a straight shooter. I love that. Sometimes blogs get a little panderingy. Like when I publish something I know my mom is going to read and then I'm like, better tone that down. Mr. Longlunch is not panderingy. Anyway, there is a raging debate about the future of JAX's music scene that is worth reading on about 50 pages of comments. Worth a look. His posts, should they ever come back, are great.
7. Gridskipper - The Urban Travel guide. Ok so I have two very young childrens and I can't travel like I used to. Gridskipper allows me to see cool ass things in city's I can only dream about going to when I kick my kids out of the house 18 years from now. One day soon, JAX will definitely be featured in GS. Perhaps for Jazz in June (wait thats over) perhaps Art walk, or something else cool we do like World of Nations. Work with me.
6. The Strippy Tickle - Here's where we may get a little salty. I don't even know why this is #6 but Kathy singing NWA deserves some love.
5. Wonkette - I feel like I understand Washington a little bit better. And it hurts. Their updates on Katherine Harris' run at our senate seat are classic. Send photos!
4. Jacksonville Independent - local!- Umm they may be the nuttiest of the local blogs. They also picked Holland to go on, but Portugal beat them down. What do they know? Apparently lots.
3. Jeff Vrabel - local! - Music critic extraordinaire. Since Ryan Geddes left there is at least someone worth a crap at the times union. Just kidding. There are at least 10 people worth a crap at the TU. Please don't fire them.
2. Urban Jacksonville - local!- This is the first page I go to when my browser comes up. So why isn't it number 1? Because I read blogs to take me away from some of the stuff on his site. Its the best website in Dooooval but it can be very serious while informative. Since this is today's top ten and its Monday, I'd rather read about pranks on Haliburton than cops in the murder capital of Florida ticketing 10 year old skaters.
1. Tomorrowland - local!- One of the best blogs on the internets. Just go there and tell some friends.
If I forgot your blog, no worries, I'll do this again real soon. Just remind me you exist with an email or something. Since I don't allow comments. Tony Allegretti, Comment free since 2005.